Saturday, February 19, 2011

LTUE 2011!!!

Well, I just got back from the Life, the Universe and Everything (BYU's annual Sci-Fi/Fantasy symposium) and can I just say . . . WOW!!!! I spent the weekend in the presence of some very skilled authors and obtained so much awesome information. I think the experience is really going to take my writing (and book) to the next level. I'm going to blog about what I learned (picking one topic each day), so check back regularly!

One thing that really stood out to me was the importance of networking. My book is not yet ready to submit to an agent or editor, but while I'm working on the actual manuscript I've got plenty of ideas to start networking.

I've got a nice list of symposiums and conventions that I'll definitely be attending this year (which I will post in a later entry), and for the first time in my life, I'm actually going to start some hard-core blogging :P

I may, however, have to save the more informative posts for following days. It's been a long weekend. Check back tomorrow for updates!

3 comments:

  1. you seem to be a skilled author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I attended LTUE, as well. Too bad I didn't know you then! We could have met up. :)

    I'm really glad to have met you - and now we're going to be related! I think we should meet up for lunch and talk writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes please!! Let's definitely do it!

    ReplyDelete